par Sean Ruck
, Contributing Editor | October 05, 2018
From the October 2018 issue of HealthCare Business News magazine
Arkansas Children’s Northwest
The nation’s newest children’s hospital is built on 37 acres of land donated by Robin and Gary George, Cathy
and David Evans and their families, a $7.5 million investment in the region’s children.
Natural light and an open, airy design makes Arkansas
Children’s Northwest an inviting place where children
are less intimidated by the sometimes frightening
medical procedures ahead of them.
Opened Feb. 27, 2018
Number of beds:
24 inpatient beds and 30 clinic rooms
Number of employees:
Senior Vice President and Chief Administrator:
Trisha Montague, MSN, RN, NEA-BC
Numed, a well established company in business since 1975 provides a wide range of service options including time & material service, PM only contracts, full service contracts, labor only contracts & system relocation. Call 800 96 Numed for more info.
Sculptures across the new hospital were strategically
created to inspire “discovery and delight”
for visitors of all ages. Photo credit Ken West.
As the region’s only comprehensive pediatric health center, Arkansas Children’s Northwest offers families:
• 233,613 square feet of wellness space designed to maximize children’s discovery & delight
• A state-of-the-art pediatric surgery center with 5 operating rooms
• A full range of ancillary and diagnostic services, child-life, social work and pastoral care programs
• Outdoor gardens, nature trails and interactive features designed specifically for children
• A helipad and refueling station supporting Angel One, one of the nation’s leading pediatric intensive care transport services
• Region’s only pediatric emergency room
• Pediatric cardiology
• Pediatric neurology
• Pediatric hematology/oncology
• Pediatric pulmonology
Arkansas Children’s Northwest offers families the first and only children’s hospital and pediatric emergency department in the region. The health system moved existing outpatient clinics from Lowell, Arkansas to the new facility in January.