From the December 2014 issue of HealthCare Business News magazine
• If the position goes perm, there is no one better equipped to get you the best and most competitive salary than your temp recruiter — their commissions rely on it.
• Some agencies have many temps that have worked with them on multiple top client accounts for years. Perhaps the temp wants extra income or wants to try something different than their fulltime position.
Carestream Health is a leading provider of quality X-ray systems and detectors that are designed to maximize diagnostic confidence, workflow and patient satisfaction. Follow the link above to see our complete portfolio of digital radiography solutions.
• The agency recruiters will know what the market ranges are for hourly rates and salaries in your region and specialty, which also helps to negotiate the best rates of pay for you.
I still hear back from many successful placements I have assisted over the years. Sometimes in turn, they become the hiring force and call me with future temp orders! Lastly, here are my two most important tips to take to the interview and through life:
• Always dress your best and professionally when you are interviewing and at work.
• Always remember to bring up during the course of an interview (and mean it) that of all your skills and in addition to being a hard worker, the most important tenets are ethics, honesty, and integrity — that should always be your very foundation.
About the author: Roger Ross, former CMO for Guidance Medical Personnel, Inc. for 22 years. The firm is the first Joint Commission Accredited Healthcare Staffing Company in N.Y. State history.
Back to HCB News