Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
Condition: Used - Good
Brand: HAAG STREIT
Type: Tonometer / Tono-Pen
The Applanation Tonometer 870 is to be mounted over the microscope of the slit lamp. The feeler arm protrudes from above into the path of the microscope and the illumination unit. The tonometer is ready for use with a single swing movement of the feeler arm.
Designed to fit on most "Zeiss" style model slit lamps. This high quality instrument provides highly accurate intra-ocular pressure readings.
The instrument stays permanently mounted to the slit lamp and the prism is swung down when IOP readings are required.
The Applanation Tonometer is still the most widely used instruments to measure interocular pressure. The advan-tage of the "Goldmann" method are considerable. The measurement can be carried out on the patient sitting at the slit lamp in conjunction with other routine microscopic examinations. The accuracy of the measurement is ex-tremely high. The average deviation in any one single examination does not exceed +/- 0.5. mm HG. Furthermore, repeated measuring procedures do not reduce the ocular pressure, as no massing effects occurs. Last but not least, there are no standardization or calibration difficulties.
- The measurement of the ocular pressure is carried out on the patient sitting at the slit lamp in conjunction with other routine microscopic examinations.
- High accuracy of the measurement - the average deviation in any one single examination does not exceed ± 0.5 mm Hg.
- The intraocular pressure in mm Hg is found by multiplying the drum reading by ten.
- Scleral-rigidity is not to be taken into account as the small volumetric displacement of 0.56 mm3 increases the intraocular tension by about 2.5 % only.
- Repeated measuring procedures do not reduce the ocular pressure, as no massaging effect occurs.
- There are no standardization and calibration difficulties.
This unit is in stock and ready for immediate shipment.
60 day warranty included, 6 month warranty available for +10% for a total of 8 months of coverage.
We accept all major credit cards, paypal and bank transfers.
Please call if you have any questions, we are happy to help and easy to work with.