The Ferno Model 59-E EZ-Glide Evacuation Chair includes two Model 430-P two-piece passenger restraints and an ankle restraint. The PowerTraxx configuration (not pictured) includes a battery and battery charger.
The certified pre-owned models include chest restraint straps and ankle restraint straps.
- Certified Pre-Owned: 1 Year - Parts and Labor.
- Factory New: 15 Years Limited - Free from Defects in Material and Workmanship.
- PowerTraxx Components: 2 Years.
The 59-E EZ-Glide is designed to transport a seated passenger up and down stairs and over flat surfaces in an evacuation situation. This chair was manufactured to fit the needs of schools and similar locations that will not need to use the chair on a daily basis (hence the extended warranty for the factory new models) but need it to meet safety regulations.
The PowerTraxx configuration features a motor system that makes transporting larger patients up stairs significantly easier, while it can be more difficult to do so with the standard configuration.
The chair is intended for use by one, two, or more trained civilian operators, and will hold a passenger of up to 500 lbs. It features belted tracks that enable operators to "glide" the chair down stairs instead of carrying it, making it easier to move the passenger as needed.
FeaturesFerno Model 59-E EZ-Glide Evacuation Chair Features
- Two 4" (10.2 cm) front swivel wheels and two 6" (15.2 cm) rear locking wheels.
- Molded ABS seat and back panels.
- Five-position extending lift bar at rear of chair can be used to move and guide the chair as an operator glides it down stairs, carry it up stairs or over obstacles, and roll it.
- Five-position telescoping front lift handles can be adjusted to operator preference and the task at hand.
- Folding footrest - raises for storage and lowers for use.
- Color: White.
- PowerTraxx Model only:
- PowerTraxx modular, motorized track system powers the chair up and/or down stairs.
- Paddle (2) controls track-belt motion.
- Track brake (stops PowerTraxx motion when paddles are not being pressed).
- Power switch with light.
- Kinetic Energy Regeneration System: descending in manual mode will provide a small amount of charge to the main battery.
SpecificationsFerno Model 59-E EZ-Glide Evacuation Chair Specifications
- Maximum Load Limit: 500 lbs (226.8 kg).
- Chair Construction: Rectangular aluminum.
- Seat/Back Panels: ABS plastic.
- Wheel Bearings: Sealed/greaseless.
- Folded Dimensions: 37.5" (L) x 20.313" (W) x 10" (D) (95.3 cm x 51.6 cm x 25.4 cm).
- Maximum Height: 63.5" (161.3 cm).
- Minimum Height: 37.5" (95.3 cm).
- Overall Width: 20.313" (51.6 cm).
- Seat Width: 16.5" (41.9 cm).
- Depth (Front to Back):
- Tracks Closed, Handles Retracted: 28.5" (72.4 cm).
- Tracks Open, Handles Extended: 51" (129.5 cm).
- Wheel Diameter:
- Rear: 6" (15.2 cm).
- Front: 4" (10.2 cm).
- Wheel Width:
- Rear: 1.25" (3.2 cm).
- Front: 1.18" (2.9 cm).
- Power (PowerTraxx Model only):
- Main Battery: 28 VDC.
- Typical Charging Time: About one hour.
- Weight (Without Restraints or Accessories):
- Standard: 37 lbs (16.8 kg).
- PowerTraxx: 56.6 lbs (25.67 kg) with battery.
- Shipping Dimensions: 26" x 20" x 7" (66 cm x 50.8 cm x 17.8 cm).
- Shipping Weight:
- Standard: 45 lbs (20.4 kg).
- PowerTraxx: 70 lbs (31.8 kg).
ConfigurationsFerno Model 59-E EZ-Glide Evacuation Chair Configurations
- #MFI-FNO-0731350: Certified Pre-Owned - Standard.
- #0731350: Factory New - Standard.
- #0731386: Factory New - With PowerTraxx (not pictured in photos above).
LiteratureFerno Model 59-E EZ-Glide Evacuation Chair Literature
Ferno 59E EZGlide Evacuation Chair Users' Manual
Ferno Users' Manual - 59T EZ Glide PowerTraxx Evacuation Chair
Note: The brochure above applies to the 59-E EZ-Glide Evacuation Chair with PowerTraxx. The only difference between the two models in the literature is the color (the 59-E only comes in white) and warranty specified.