This is a complete and fully operational Air Pal system recently retired from a public hospital likely due to a change in transfer protocols. It appears to have seen very little use. The air platform alone has a replacement value of $2500+
P/N 32N Transfer Platform (32 inch width - adult size)
P/N 32N Sani-Liner (for above)
P/N PA-1200 - air pump with matching supply line.
P/N 805 Five wheel base with basket and pump holder
Laminate instruction manual
Air Pal instruction video (VCR format)
All pieces are in good used condition. The buyer will receive a pump, hose, stand, air platform and sani-liner for the listed price. Shipping will be reduced by $25 if the stand is not required.
In addition to this complete system we have six Air Pal pumps with hoses, 4 stands with pump holders, 4 baskets, and one unused 32N Sani-Liner.
According to the manufacturer:
The AirPal Platform tremendously reduces the threat of injury to patients and staff alike. Similar in concept to a hovercraft, the AirPal Platform laterally transfers patients utilizing the friction reducing effect of a cushion of air as it escapes beneath the AirPal Platform . The AirPal Platform has become an industry rec-ognized "Best Practice" as well as a facet of any "Safe Patient Handling Pro-gram." Most unique about the AirPal Platform are the documented cost reductions en-joyed by Healthcare Providers once the solution is implemented. Workers Compensation costs are on average reduced by half or more. Use of the AirPal Plat-form solution can also pay for itself through the reduction of many indirect costs, employee retention and recruitment is often cited by Healthcare Providers.
Tested to comply with the latest UL Standard (60601-1) for Electrical Medical Devices , the AirPal Air Supply powers your patient transfer and positioning needs with a high volume/low pressure source of airflow.
* 1100W UL Certified Electrical Medical Device - Compliant with UL-60601-1. Also compliant with CSA and CE.
* Integrated cord holder and bed/stretcher hook permits the air supply to be attached to and transported with any stretcher.
* Washable and reusable 2 micron filter keeps airflow contaminant free.
* Hospital grade design Stainless steel filter enclosure and smooth surfaces facilitate cleaning. A GMPJ double insulated grounded Hospital Grade 3 Prong Cord means easy internal approval for use.
* Includes flexible 6 foot hose which is easily connected to the AirPal Platform without use of Velcro(a known skin abrasion and infection control vector). A non-magnetic custom length hose is available as an accessory for use in an MRI environment.
* Special diffuser design allows operation without need to "muffle" for noise suppression (when compared to competitive designs). This means the Air Supply can be operated independent of enclosures or totes or other noise suppression means.
* Compact design and light weight (8.2lbs/9.6lbs w/cord), makes storage and portability simple.
Shipping will be $60 to the USA.
American buyers will pay only what they pay on purchase. No added taxes or fees will be required on delivery. Delivery normally takes one week.
Shipping within Canada will be $39.
Canadian buyers should request an invoice in Canadian $ before purchase. 5% tax (GST) will be added to this. An invoice in Canadian funds should be requested prior to purchase.
Buyers from elsewhere are welcome to purchase this item. Shipping will be at cost
Payment by PayPal, VISA or MasterCard.
Regardless of the origin of the equipment, documentation provided or identification appearing upon the equipment, the equipment described and offered here is in no way certified for, recommended for, or offered for any specific use. The buyer is purchasing an item(s) which may have been used for medical purposes and may have the potential to again be used for this purpose, however unless otherwise specified, at the time of sale the item is not considered to be bio-medically certified for use in any jurisdiction. The purchased item(s) is simply a device which operates in the limited manner described in the listing and/or electronic and mechanical components.
The purchaser agrees that the seller shall not be held responsible or liable:
* for any injuries or damages, whether incidental or consequential, associated in any way with the equipment;
* for compliance with regulations on ownership or use of the purchased item within the jurisdiction in which the purchaser resides and/or uses the item.
The purchaser, by buying this equipment, indicates their acknowledgment of, and agreement to the terms of this disclaimer.
The sale of this item may be subject to regulation by Health Canada, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and other national/provincial/territorial/state and local regulatory agencies. If so, do not buy this item unless you are an authorized purchaser. If the item is subject to Health Canada or FDA regulation and it is to be used for regulated medical services in the Canada or the USA, your payment for it indicates you are an authorized purchaser and will comply with these regulations. If you have questions about legal obligations regarding sales of medical devices, you should consult with Health Canada, the FDA or the regulatory authorities in the jurisdiction in which the item is to be used.
If you find the item is not as described in the ad it may be returned for a purchase price refund. Generally, all of our items have an inspection warranty which kicks in upon delivery for a period of 7 to 14 days. It is not an operational warranty as most items sold on DOTmed require biomedical certification before use. If you require additional coverage please contact us prior to purchase.