Happy New Year!
January 01, 2020
Best wishes to all of our readers and website users.
Another year behind us and a new year on the horizon. Last year was a great year for our team and we expect 2020 to be even better.
We hope that it is a great year for all of you as well.
As always, I'd like to leave you with our predictions for what the industry has in store in the new year. Those of you who joined us for our annual RSNA breakfast will already be familiar with these:
1) Healthcare will face mounting pressure to resolve the exponential growth of cyber security breaches.
2) Guiding principles will be developed for AI safety, ethics and interoperability.
3) Narrow profit margins mean hospitals will avoid new capital purchases, making service value critical.
4) As 2020 election approaches we will ask big questions about cost and access to care in the U.S.
5) New startups will be acquired by OEM leaders and consolidation will continue on all fronts.
Here's wishing all of you a healthy and prosperous 2020!